Dana Pinkston ~
Dana used a Layer Cake and the "Disappearing 9-Patch" pattern to piece this Quilt.
Thank you Dana for letting me do your Long Arm Quilting!
~ DONNA ~
Posted at 05:44 PM in Customer Quilts | Permalink
. . . with Cold Weather headed our way,
I wanted to share a Recipe with you that is absolutely DELICIOUS!
Creamy Potato Soup
Here are the ingredients you will need ~
4 Large Potatoes
2/3 C Butter
2/3 C Flour
1 1/2 Quarts Milk
4 Green Onions, chopped
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Cups Crisp-Cooked, Crumbled Bacon
5 oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Peel 2 of the 4 Potatoes - Dice all 4 - Boil Potatoes for approximately 20 minutes or until fork tender - Drain ~
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter ~
3. Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Gradually add milk to butter-flour mixture,whisking constantntly ~
Simmer over low heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
4. Partially mash potatoes adding chopped green onions ~
5. When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potatoes and green onions ~
6. Whisk well and add sour cream and crumbled bacon ~
7. Heat thoroughly ~ Add cheese - Stir until melted in. (at this point taste the soup - you can add salt and pepper to taste)
Garnish with grated cheese and bacon ~
SO GOOD . . . Enjoy!
~ DONNA ~
Posted at 08:54 PM in Recipes | Permalink
and you will be entered to WIN a
10 Piece 12 Piece Fat Quarter Bundle!
(Changed it to 12 Fat Quarters so that the Winner will be able to piece a
12 Block "Turning Twenty" Quilt
without having to buy any more fabric!)
The FQ Bundle will be made up of
10 12 Coordinating Fabrics
that will look Beautiful together.
You will be able to use all of them to Piece your next Quilt!
Feel free to Comment below,
call 806-323-2795 or
Email me at email@example.com
if you need more information.
Posted at 04:47 PM in Giveaways ~ | Permalink
Here is the Finished Quilt I promised to show you ~
I finally got it Quilted and the Binding on ~
I Love this Fabric Collection . . . it made a Perfect Fall Quilt!
The Pattern is called "Picture This" and it can be found in the "Happy Hour" Book by Atkinson Designs.
Posted at 06:40 PM in My Quilts | Permalink
starts with these 12 Fat Quarters . . .
It will all begin This Morning!
Make sure and Check back occasionally throughout the day.
I will be adding Step by Step Hints as to what the
is going to be.
If you have NOT ENTERED the Drawing,
Head over to my
"DONNA's ~ in the attic" Facebook Page
and enter to WIN!
The Winner will be announced later this evening.
9:00am - Here we to!
1. Getting my Fat Quarters Cut ~
2. Sewing the first seam ~
3. Pressing my seams ~
4. Sewing my second seams ~
5. Pressing these seams ~
6. The layout ~
7. Sewing Blocks together into Rows ~
8. Pressing seams to get ready to put me rows together ~
9. Sewing the Rows together ~
10. Pressing the inside - getting ready for the Borders ~
Okay, the border is on and I am about to do the final pressing.
I will Show the GIVEAWAY shortly!
Here It Is . . .
The Halloween Giveaway is a Quilt Top!
I used my All Time Favorite Pattern . . .
"Turning Twenty" by Tricia Cribbs
I have made so many Quilts using Tricia's Pattern that I know it by memory!
(if you are interested in purchasing the pattern, just contact me and we will work out the details)
I first thought I would use Halloween Fabric but then I decided if the
is not a Quilter and this is the only Quilt they may own, I wanted to use a print that could be enjoyed year round.
GOOD LUCK to everyone entered in the Giveaway!
Check back later this evening to see who the Winner is . . .
Here are your numbers ~
The next Trick or Treater will Draw the Winner!
Here he is . . .
and the Winner is . . . #32
Congratulations Luis Rey - YOU WON!
A huge "Thank You!" to everyone who participated.
I had so much fun Piecing this Quilt.
Make sure to stay in touch.
There will be more "GIVEAWAYS" in the upcoming weeks!
Posted at 10:35 PM in Giveaways ~ | Permalink
Cheese Cream Potatoes ~
Here is what you will need -
Cheese Cream Potatoes
4 - 5 large Potatoes or enough smaller potatoes to fill a 9" x 13" Casserole Dish
1 Stick of Butter
1 Large Box of Cream Cheese
1 - 8oz tub of Sour Cream
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Let's get started!
1. Wash and Peel your Potatoes ~
2. Dice ~
3. Cover with water - Bring to a boil - Boil for 20 minutes or until tender ~
4. Drain and mash ~
5. Add Butter, Cream Cheese and Sour Cream ~
6. Cream together ~
7. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
8. Pour in a Casserole Dish ~
9. Smooth out and top with Cheese ~
10. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. I cover mine with foil for the first 30 minutes then I remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese has melted and it is bubbly around the edges.
Yum . . . Ready to Eat . . . Enjoy!
~ Donna ~
Posted at 08:25 PM in Recipes | Permalink
for this Quilt ~
I can't wait to show you the Completed Quilt!
Posted at 02:20 PM in My Quilts | Permalink
I Love it Deb!
It turned out so pretty!
The pictures don't do it justice.
Thank you Deb for letting me do your Long Arm Quilting!
Posted at 07:57 PM in Customer Quilts | Permalink
I Love It!
Thank you Melinda for letting me do your Long Arm Quilting!
Posted at 07:48 PM in Customer Quilts | Permalink
This is Becky's first completed Quilt!
Isn't it Beautiful!
You did a great job piecing it Becky!
Thank you for letting me do your Long Arm Quilting!
Posted at 07:50 PM in Customer Quilts | Permalink